Wednesday, July 18, 2007

backpacks!

Jacob loves being outdoors. Mike's parents bought us a baby backpack, which makes it much easier to haul him around. Earlier this month we spent a night at the GAISH Astronomical Observatory in the Zailiysky Alatau mountains near Almaty, then climbed the dirt road up to Big Almaty Peak. Behind Jacob and Amy is 4317-meter (14,163-ft) Peak Sovetov.

Jacob has a new word: backpack ("bah pah")! We were practicing our B words: ball, bird, banana, bath, boat, baby, bring, bye bye. Jacob may think that every important thing starts with the letter B. (Except mama, of course). Our beautiful bright bouncing baby boy brings back bluebirds before breakfast.

Then I tried some P words, and he was mimicking me but not quite getting the sound. So we introduced him to backpack and he took to it. Now he has been talking about backpacks all day. He definitely knows his backpack and he is glad to tell the world about it. It's a little scary how fast he learns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I just say that reading things like this make me kick myself for not picking a dissertation topic that would let me work somewhere awesome? Downloading data from the Correlates of War website is awesome in it's own not-awesome-at-all way, but it doesn't lend itself to adventure stories. "Dude! I thought my connection had timed out, but it just turned out my n was 4 quadrillion!"

 
/* Google Analytics code, added 6-23-09 ----------------------------------------------- */